Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 12: I am thankful for time.

Yesterday the kids and I went to say our final goodbye to their last great grandpa.  He is 86 and has lived a full life and is ready to go.  The kids did great and I think I made the right choice in taking them.  He was peaceful and joyful.  He knows where he is going and is looking forward to seeing his wife that passed away 9 years ago.  I am so glad we had a chance to say goodbye to him while he was still able to talk to us.

I have never been around someone at the end of their life.  It was an extraordinary experience.  I was struck by the happiness that seemed to surround him.  He wasn't lying there full of sadness and regret--he was embracing the situation and preparing to move on.  We should all strive to live a life that enables us to embrace the end of our life like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment