Total Pageviews

Monday, November 19, 2012

I give.

I am giving up on this thankfulness series.  It was a good idea at the time but I am finding that some of the things I want to write about just sound shallow when put into a thankfulness perspective.  I think the love series I did a few years back fit much better with what I wanted to say.

So now I will catch you up on life around our house!

Ethan is smart.  You know I don't brag on my kids often but I will do it right now.  He is reading very well, at a 4th grade level but probably much higher.  His teacher can only test him up to the end of 3rd grade and he totally nailed that.  His test scores were high enough to get him into an enrichment program that will focus on reading.  I've never wanted my kids to be labeled as gifted; in fact, I've always said average is just fine with me.  But he has been bored in class and I think this program will be perfect for him.  He is still in his regular class but will just get pulled out a few times a week to do the enrichment program.  Proud of the little man.

Olivia is just herself!  :)  She is a delight.  She is in her third year of preschool (I keep calling her a super senior) and she is doing great!  Last year was rough for her and school was mainly about getting emotional support.  She actually unlearned things from her fall conference to her spring conference!  Not this year though.  She is making lots of friends and learning lots of things.  I am very glad she didn't go to Kindergarten this year--that probably would have been a disaster.

We are looking forward to having a few days off this week to just play!  Our weeks are usually very busy--two nights with their dad, DivorceCare for Kids and Awana.  That doesn't leave much time to do sports and activities at this point.  DivorceCare will be done in two more months.  Ethan has expressed interest in karate and Olivia desperately wants to take either dance or gymnastics.  I have asked my family not to get lots of toys for the kids this year for Christmas--we are literally overflowing with crap around here.  I would much rather have experiences--trips, outings, activities.  That way the only tangible things I have to store are photos!  :)

Here are a couple pics from the last few months.




No comments:

Post a Comment