Total Pageviews

Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 15: I am thankful for my son!

Today my sweet boy turns 8!  I can't believe he has been here that long.  I still remember the nervous excitement of staggering into the hospital, pausing for contractions and being sure they would send me home.  I soon found out I was already at a 6 so I settled in for the dreaminess of an epidural.  A few hours later I was holding my first child in my arms!

Ethan is such a wonderful boy.  He is curious, smart, funny and so empathetic.  He sometimes gets hurt by things and since I too have empathy (too much at times), we can relate to the feelings together.  He has told me several times that other boys just don't have the heart he does.

That they don't Ethan, that they don't!  It is part of what makes him such a special, uniquely awesome kid.

Ethan, I am delighted and blessed to have a son like you!  I pray that you will grow up to be a strong man with a great heart and a never ending pursuit of God's plan for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment